The toolkit includes a sophisticated data management system, full customization options, and a comprehensive public-facing website for exhibiting your collections. Our advanced technologies also means all content is easy to search, and optimized for online discovery on the world wide web.
- web-based data management
- hosting and back up of digital files
- fully customizable website
- cutting edge search, browse & discover technologies
- optimized web presence for global discovery
- one-on-one and community support
- Easy to use templates and secure login accounts means staff, administrators and volunteers can access, upload and manage collection records.
- Full support includes training, documentation, and one-on-one help for every step of the collection building process.
- One-stop toolkit network connects staff with training resources, marketing materials, toolkit news and each other. Collaborative thinking = shallower learning curves!
- VITA is a cost effective solution for the kind of features and functionality it offers.
- VITA pairs standards-based, authoritative data management tools with a pleasing, sophisticated website so your staff can produce quality records and the public will enjoy exploring the results.
- Plus, we maintain and update the system so your staff can focus on maintaining and promoting your digital collections.
“To create such a database and web presence would have taken a great amount of time to develop internally. OurDigitalWorld not only provided a great alternative but they also allowed us to remain on top of new technologies, they did this for the benefit of the user and without prompting.”
– David Sharron, Head of Special Collections & Archives, Brock University
Recognize Partners, Sponsors and more
VITA has built in tools for administrative needs:
- Granular internal statistics
- Comprehensive site traffic analytics
- Instant optimization for discovery on the web to increase the visibility of your organization
- Partnership and collaboration opportunities
- And more…
Keep good company
Who uses VITA?
- Archives, historical societies, women’s institutes
- Museums, public libraries, universities
- Schools, publishers, government libraries
- and more…
View VITA Toolkit Users in a larger map